6 Things you Might Not Know About Breast Augmentation Surgery
Millions of women around the world who are unhappy with their breasts for one reason or another have had breast augmentation surgery, which is carried out by skilled plastic surgeons. It might be to reduce the size of the breasts, enhance their shape, or even increase their volume, and by discussing your needs with the surgeon, you can make an informed decision on the best procedure. Here are a few things you might not know about breast augmentation surgery.
- Natural Breast Augmentation – If the idea of having silicone implants inserted into the breast area does not appeal, there is a natural process that involves transferring fat from the hips, thighs or abdomen area and using the fat to enhance the breast shape or size. Some Bangkok clinics are offering a special breast augmentation promotion (called เสริมหน้าอกโปรโมชั่น in Thai) that will save you a significant amount of money, and they can be found with an Internet search.
- Armpit Incisions – While one can always have the scar on the underside of the breast, where it meets the chest, there is another option whereby the scar is directly under the armpit, which is invisible under normal conditions. Prior to making a decision, it is best to talk to the plastic surgeon, as every person is unique in their make-up, and the surgeon can help you to decide where the incisions would be.
- Minimal Downtime – When you undergo breast augmentation, you are not bedridden for weeks, as some people mistakenly think, indeed, the recovery time is usually only a few days, when you will experience some mild bruising and swelling. If the pain is significant, you can take over the counter pain medication, and try to avoid exercise for at least two weeks after the procedure, as this could cause complications.
- Breast Augmentation is Inexpensive – If you think that having your breasts enhanced is going to break the bank, think again, as the treatment is very affordable. If you search online for a local plastic surgeon who specialises in cosmetic surgery, you can make an initial appointment to find out about the cost and the options.
- Breast Augmentation Does Not Last Forever – The experts say that 10-15 years is the normal lifespan for silicone breast implants, as they can wrinkle, ripple or become misshapen over time.
- Certified Plastic Surgeons – Every plastic surgeon should be register with a National Board or Medical Council, which certifies that they are qualified to carry out plastic surgery. This is one of the first things to check when looking at plastic surgery clinic websites, as there are shady operators who claim to be professional plastic surgeons. The clinics that are not registered usually offer their treatments at unusually low prices, to encourage people to use their services.
When looking for breast augmentation, it is important to take your time and only consider plastic surgeons who are registered with the Medical Council and approved to carry out plastic surgery procedures. The first place to start is with a Google search, which will bring up a list of clinics and you can then begin browsing. Prior to making any decisions, you should discuss at length with the surgeon the procedure you wish to have, only then will you be in a position to make an informed decision.